Tuesday 21 January 2014

New home

It's time to move again. To another new city, new school, new home, and worst of all, another endeavour to make new friends. For most people, this could mean excitement, but unfortunately not for me. Not long after I could finally settle down, destiny moves me elsewhere. This time to Singapore.
       ~                      *                          ~                        *                           ~                       *               ~
It has been already been a week that I am in Singapore now. Things seem to settle down finally: registration, enrolment, social circle, and just life in general.

Jan, 12, the day of moving in: There was nobody in the office 'cos it was a Sunday, I assume. The note posted at the office window says "Call the student assistant at (Ph. number)********". I did not get a SIM card for my phone yet to make a phone call. That is one of the many reasons cell phones are so important in this century. Fortunately, I found my Buddy, a friend/peer that the hall assigns to exchange students, in the dining hall studying. I thought "Who on earth studies before the beginning of the academic term?!" (But, I am not the type who would verbally express all that is running in my cerebrum). However, after a short period of introduction, I learnt that she goes to Med School which explained it all. Then, she led me to my room on the third floor on one many four-storied blocks. The room was the classic student-housing type, about 112 sq. in., with a single bed, two wardrobes, a study table, a chair and a large open book-self. Nothing much happened that day, but I missed home, friends and my pillow.


No comments:

Post a Comment