Tuesday 21 January 2014

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever!

A hymn we used to sing back then, in school. Unfortunately, I was not able to find it anywhere online. So, I thought of sharing, hoping that we can all give thanks to our Heavenly Father, remembering that no matter how rough our path in life is, He will walk with us as He said in John 15:4, "Remain in me, as I also remain in you".

It is good to give thanks to the Lord
To make music to your name, Oh Most High
To proclaim your love in the morning
And your truth in the night
With the murmuring sound of instruments, I sing

Planted in the house of my Lord
Growing in the courts of my God
Still bearing fruits when I am old and worn
Prove of the justice of my God

When I see the wonders you have done
Then my heart is truly filled with joy
Oh Lord, how deep are your designs in me
The foolish person cannot understand

(From Psalm 92)

3 comments:

  1. I love this song :) thank you for sharing it. We sing at Mass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words. Now I could follow the song more confidently. It is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hymn. Singing it as our Entra

    nce hymn for the 4th Sunday in Ordinary time 2022

    ReplyDelete